•About Independent Living:
Joshua`s home and support have to be set up to suit his specific needs. The show has to be independent of his parents input; they cannot be an active part of his life forever. With this in mind, we are striving to get the appropriate funding, housing, personnel and management which will enable him to live independently. This will include dealing with:
- Find a support broker,
- Draw up a support plan,
- Submit plan to social services,
- Negotiate and ammend plan if need be,
- Appeal if necessary,
- Seek legal advice and move on to judicial review.
- Approach housing associations, social landlords and estate agents,
- Seek out appropriate locations,
- Find suitable property,
- Identify necessary adaptations,
- Arrange inspection by house provider,
- Agree the finance. But and adapt (???),
- Furnishings and decor.
- Advertise and recruit,
- Set up training protocols and implement,
- Set up managements protocols,
- Establish management committee.